- Understand the importance of their goals
- Have effective meetings
- Challenge their own progress
- Keep going in the face of adversity
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Reach their goals
Do you have a strong team?
Take our Quiz!
Score one point for each “Yes” answer:
- When asked, all team members can describe the (same) team goal.
- Team meetings are efficient, and all discussion in them includes coming to consensus.
- All team members contribute to discussion (without shouting or sarcasm).
- Discussion includes ways to improve the performance of the team without laying blame on individuals.
- Decisions are made by the team (and not just the team leader).
- When the team hits an obstacle, their response is to discuss, disect and disposition it as a group.
- Team members understand and support each other’s individual goals.
- The team communicates regularly with outside stakeholders (including the project sponsor).
- Issues that may impact achieving their goal(s) are communicated along with proposed solutions.
- The team ultimately acheives their goal(s).
How did your team score?
|7-10:||Your team is doing great! Polish their skills so they can continue to succeed.|
|4-6:||Your team’s performance is hit-or-miss. The team needs next-level skills that will make them more resilient and consistent in their performance.|
|1-3:||The team is struggling as a group of individuals. Help them with basic training to get them rowing in the same direction.|
Ready to build a stronger team? Learn more about our Stronger Teams Program™.